Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to Class

I began this blog (it's been almost three years!) when I "started sewing". It is more appropriate to say I started this blog when my friend gave me her old sewing machine and I intended to start sewing. I've only made a few things, many of which are seem too small and simple to post here. When I was home, one of my main missions was to get a sewing lesson or two from my mom. I needed her to help me with curtains for the nursery. I had a great time going to the fabric store (Thimble Pleasures in Chapel Hill - love that place) and helping (it was more like watching) her put the valence together. I didn't do much of the sewing but it was nice to be a part of the process. We also picked up some finials fro Pottery Barn kids to compliment the aqua fabric with yellow tabs.

I'll reveal the entire nursery all at once, but here's a little peek. Excuse the crap picture - I haven't been able to find my camera charger post-move.

No comments:

Post a Comment