Monday, April 5, 2010

Potential Wedding Jewelry Breakthrough

My mom is visiting and I'm immersed in wedding-planning craziness. While there's lots of chaos going on in my own little world, it's nice to know I'll have some jewelry options in the next few months. Not just for me, but for my bridesmaids! Read on...

You may have read that I checked out J. Crew's bridesmaid dress collection and was underwhelmed. However, check out this new cool news from Racked/WWD:

Miriam Haskell, the American costume jewelry house opened in 1926 that has created pieces for women including Coco Chanel, Joan Crawford, Lucille Ball, and the Dutchess of Windsor, has collaborated with fashion powerhouse J. Crew to design a bridal collection that will be unveiled next week. Sounds like a brilliant collaboration. We've been hearing rumors that J. Crew will be expanding its bridal offerings and will open a standalone bridal store on the Upper East Side of Manhattan later this year. Stay tuned for more details. [WWD]

Cool, huh? Can't wait to see what they come up with.
In other news, Urban Outfitters, an on-again, off-again favorite of mine, is entering the wedding biz. I also can't wait to see what they come up with. Only, in a trainwreck kind of way. I shouldn't hate...this place clothed me through much of college. Maybe they'll have some cool jewelry? Stay tuned, images of both weird things should be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment