Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Additions to the Library

Well, not the library per se. Being English majors in college, B and I have a pretty impressive library. My craft library is lacking. But this Christmas, I got some pretty sweet additions.

I've wanted this Built By Wendy guide to sewing for a while. It comes with three Simplicity patterns. I haven't had ANY time to sew this semester and hopefully this will serve as some inspiration. I wanted to sew curtains for the house, but it's been really hard for me to settle in due to having no time, but also because it's always hard for me to become attached to a place I rent. It's not as if I have any experience owning a home, but after moving so much, I've come to hate breaking down things I've worked hard to make. So maybe curtains will come in a few years, but for now, this book will help add to my wardrobe in a really economically sound way.

I bought this for myself to assist with my table numbers project. It hasn't taught me anything I didn't already know for the project at hand, but it'll come to use later if I attack anything more complicated. And I plan to do just that. I have an embroidery project in mind but I can't blog about it too much because it's a gift. But, I'm using something special I bought in Greece and I think my friend will really like it. I'm starting to really like embroidery. Satin stitch is boring as hell, but when done right, embroidered things are so pretty.

I'm a big fan of this one. It's from B's mother and sister and is pretty awesome. It's pretty cool because it's written by Kalamazoo native Deanna House (B was born and raised in Kzoo) and features key recipes from mac n' cheese to body builder (?!) cookies. It's doubly awesome because it's out of print. Triple awesome since it's vintage and very few people have it.

So there - I have no lack of inspiration for the next few months. As you can tell by the recent bursts of entries, I get freed up during breaks. I really enjoy blogging and wish I could do it more. But the semester begins tomorrow and I will get sucked up into the black hole known as school. Let's see if I can be less negligent than last semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment