Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Cohort Birfday


A couple weeks ago, it was my friend Jenny's birthday. She is part of my doctoral cohort at Tulane, and is fast becoming a great pal. I brought in this giant chocoloate cupcake cake to share with the group. This cake form, while awesome looking, is tough to deal with. I used about 1 and a half cake boxes and used the leftover batter to make regular-sized cupcakes. The middle took forever to cook through! In both sides of the form! I don't know why I didn't have this problem before, but a quick search on the blogs told me to use a homemade recipe instead. Hopefully that will help. This thing is difficult to ice, too. Well, not really. It's just difficult to get little sprinkles to set in the icing without ruining the pattern. I suggest either using big paillete sprinkles, M&M's, or mixing little sprinkles in with icing before you spread over the cake. Sorry for the crap picture - this was taken in my very cold and poorly lilt office at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment