Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rice Krispie Cookie Recipe


Now that I have a half-eaten birthday cake in my freezer, these cookies are definitely superfluous. But I made them Sunday night, and they are delicious. Not gonna lie, I definitely just halved and modified the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I think mine are delicious and Boyfriend does too. They are super thin, and almost lacy on the edges so if you love chewy or soft-baked cookies I don't recommend this recipe. I made really large cookies, and next time I'll just make little mini ones. Also, I usually halve cookie recipes since I never need that many (unless I'm taking them to a party or potluck) so feel free to double.

1 stick of softened butter
about 1/2 c. or less of granulated sugar
about 1/2 c. or less of packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

1-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 c. (1/2 package package) Nestle® Toll House® white chocolate chips
2 rice krispie treats, cut up into squares
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

  • Mix butter and sugars. Cheat and melt the butter first if you have to. Stir in vanilla extract.

  • In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda, and flour. I always cheat and just dump everything in one bowl. Doesn't seem to make a huge difference but you have to make sure to stir really, really well. Add the egg last and combine well.

  • Add as many choco chips and rice krispie treats as you want.

  • Dollop onto a lightly greased (buttered) cookie sheet. Consistecy will be on the thin side. Bake and keep an eye on the oven. Should take less than ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment