Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Aprons All Over the Place

I finally finished the apron I bought from Sew Fast Sew Easy! Since I'm new, I'm slow, and sewing isn't like knitting where I can just pick up something unfinished and go at it. I cut the pieces about a week after I bought the pattern, then stared at it for weeks. Sewing this pattern took a while because the directions were limited (for a beginner, anyway) and the ruffle at the bottom was really difficult to do. Also, everything had to be edged with a zigzag stitch and hardly any of it was straight (which is what I've been practicing). So in the end, the apron looks great from far away, and per usual, looks doody up close. Oh, well. I'm pretty pleased.

I started this cafe apron from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing ages ago. It took a whole Friday night to complete (what a life I have, right?) and now I'm just practicing some embroidery. I'll post better pics once I'm done with the embroidery. As you can see, I had some trouble getting the iron-on exactly where I wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment