Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birfday Fun


My birthday was yesterday and my amazing boyfriend planned a surprise birthday party at Washington Commons, a new bar with an outdoor drinking space in Prospect Heights. I was truly surprised, overwhelmed, grateful, and happy. I'm an asshole though- I failed to take a picture of my delicious birthday cake from Caputo's on Court Street. It was an icecream cake- he truly knows the way to my heart. Anyway, mad friends showed up - on a Monday after work. I have some seriously great buddies- thanks, guys! Over the last few weeks (thanks, google analytics!) and especially after the party, I realize I may have a few more readers than I thought. Glad I'm keeping people informed about my silly self and my attempts to make things. Please, all of you, comment. Especially on the shopping stuff. I need to curb my spending habits before I move so the retail shock isn't so bad once I actually get to NOLA. So yes, thanks, and hope I keep you mildly entertained.

2 comments:

  1. i am bad at wishing you a happy birthday! hope you had a really great day, it sounds like it was perfect. what a great way to wrap up your time in NYC (or at least start wrapping up.) I'm looking forward to following your posts once you're in N'Oleans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm SO SAD i couldn't make it. glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete