Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Merging of Crafts!


I visited Sew Fast Sew Easy at 35th and 7th Ave today during my lunch break. I had to email ahead of time to find out if the space was even a retail store - the website gives the impression that the space is just a studio and the store only online. They do sell things, and are a great place to turn to for all your notion needs. The store lady tried really hard to sell me on some beginner's classes, but I think I'm going to keep flying solo until I hit a wall. The main reason I went was to pick up a magnetic seam guide - I have trouble stitching anywhere near straight. The store lady also managed to convince me to buy this adorable apron pattern. The directions are right on the fabric and the whole thing seems easy enough. An apron was next on my sewing agenda anyway. I think I really will follow through on the cafe apron with my scraps from The Point, then do this vintage pattern next. And then I'll be able to BAKE in the aprons that I've SEWN! Can you stand the domesticity?!
Today I also stopped by the French Connection sample sale on 37th between 7th and 8th. Is it just me, or are their pieces not cut right at all? Without vanity sizing, I'm a 6, and really very short. All their stuff is way short on me. The weird lengths make garments look young, and not in a good way. I looked like a kewpie doll, all stubby and cutesy. I became really pissed because I thought I lost one of my favorite pearl earrings in the dressing room (and all for naught - no purchases!) but then it fell out of my shirt later in the gym locker room. Also on this little shopping excursion, I stumbled upon Grand Central Racquet where I picked up a new grip. Boyfriend and I played tennis last week and I need all the help I can get. So all in all, a good mini shopping trip. Didn't spend too much, got some useful crafty stuff, have new motivation to exercise, and no jewelry was lost. Now, off to cut some fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment