Monday, September 26, 2011

The Home Stretch

I hit 36 weeks tomorrow. 1 week after that means full-term which translates to the fact that the baby can legitimately come anytime after that and it wouldn't be weird. Wild. I have a million thoughts going through my head and one of them is my ever-expanding body. I've been told I'm going to blow up in this past month, and that's scary, seeing as I already feel quite large. My feet have started to swell like whoa. I definitely feel like Fiona (a la Shrek). I just had a wonderful conversation with a friend of mine, also pregnant, about feeling like a large Marge during pregnancy, and how frustrating it is to talk to non-pregnant people about feeling big, apprehensions about post-baby body, etc. Don't get me wrong, this isn't my #1 worry by any means. But it's one of the more in-my-face ones, seeing as I can't get around feeling sluggish, inflexible, and at times, helpless (e.g. needing B's help to put on shoes, sit up, etc.) So, the bright star of my day was to find Lindsay Brin's Moms into Fitness 60 Day Slimdown System and Core package for 50% off on Baby Steals. You know I love me some home dvds. Yay! I won't even start it until at least a month after the baby. And who knows, maybe it'll lay around even longer than that. But these days, feeling motivated and hopeful is really important. It helps to know that all these insecurities will vanish once the baby comes, but until then, it's the little things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment