Friday, July 29, 2011

Shellacked

I love getting my nails done. It's frivolous, though, and lately I've been doing it less and less. It's easy to justify pedicures because the polish lasts f o r e v e r. On the other hand (!!), I don't know about you, but manicures remain unchipped and flawless for all of two days on me, tops. A salon around the corner of our new house, Albert Brown Salon, advertises that they do Shellac manicures, which to be honest, I had to go home and google. Creative Nail Design, or CND, came out with a way to make polish on your real nails last like gel or acrylic nails. I don't know if they're the first to do this, but I think the company is the most widely used one at salons. Basically, after filing, trimming cuticles, and buffing your nails, the manicurist puts you under a UV light after every coat (base, first and second coats, and top). The downside is that you don't get the usual lotion massage, though I've heard of some places doing it after the polish is dry. The polish dries instantly, by the way - as soon as your hands are out of the UV light for the last time. I got my nails done Tuesday and it's Friday and they look perfect. And don't worry folks, it's safe for pregnant gals. Check out these fall colors coming out from CND soon. Love the teal.

No comments:

Post a Comment