Sunday, July 10, 2011

Monthly Beauty Fix

I am super lazy when it comes to my beauty routine. Up until I lived in New York, my skin care and make up regimen consisted of whatever came in the Clinique free gift my mom would receive every few months. I'm still a bit of a loyalist - I almost exclusively use Mac make-up, half because I'm so familiar with the products but half because the ladies and stores are just so damn sleek and trendy. Despite my content with with my current beauty bag, I know there's some great stuff out there that I'm too lazy/poor to try out. Enter Birchbox.

Like Jewelmint, Birch Box is a subscription deal, only you can't opt out while remaining a member. You get a monthly box of beauty product samples plus tips on beauty and styling on the website. There's minimal commitment but you get to try out some neat brands, among which are Kiehl's, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare, Nars, Stila, and Too Faced. I haven't committed just yet. Polish and Pearls features a good review of the concept, but I'm wondering if anyone else out there has tried it or what you think of this concept in general? I like that the sample boxes are personalized and the samples are larger than what you would normally get at the store. You can also cancel anytime. But I'm always skeptical about where I spend my dough, even though it is only $10 a month, so I'll need just a little while to think it over. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Birchbox. I heard from the founders at a Harvard MBA talk, and was so impressed with them and their idea -- this being before they took off. I subscribe and love receiving fun samples in the mail every month. I highly recommend it.

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Glad one of my close friends likes it! I'll probably give it a shot, especially now that I have a permanent address :o)

    ReplyDelete