Monday, February 7, 2011

Coupons for the Obsessive Compulsive

Okay, so that's a little extreme. But if you're like me and shop constantly (see two posts ago), you know that daily deals for food, spa stuff, etc., are absolutely delightful. A few people emailed me for invites to Rue, Gilt, etc. and I invite you to do the same for the following.
Who doesn't love Groupon? Seriously, who doesn't? I used to limit myself to the iphone app, but since I bought two deals, I can't figure out how to unsubscribe my email address. The email clog is totes worth it. So far, I've bought $10 for $20 at Barnes and Noble, which I'm sure I'll use in the next two days. I've also bought a $12 for $25 of waxing services to Bombshell Waxing in Metairie. And this is the kicker -- I had a $10 coupon for being new so I paid a grand total of $2. Total score. I'm going on Friday. I don't know how good other cities' groupons are but New Orleans' are pretty bangin. I'm still pissed I missed out on the Dick and Jenny's one.
Don't ask me to choose between Groupon and Living Social though, because I just won't. I've gotten equally cool stuff from them, including $10 for $20 at Amazon (which I used to help subsidize my bike accessories) and $20 for a ManiPedi at Aristocat Salon and Nail Spa. $20 - that's a New York price, baby. I'm mad I missed their Rock n' Bowl coupon. But it's my fault because I did unsubscribe from them and only check out deals via iphone app. Very handy (but also very dangerous).
The ugly stepsister to both of these is My New Orleans Perks (they have other cities as well). These deals are pretty booty. But they showcase a gem every once in a while (e.g. the Bombshell deal that's going on now...copycats). You know I never pay full price for clothes, and these sites make it real easy not to pay full price for other stuff too.
Again, email me for invites. You can always sign up without an invite but why not help a girl out? Remember, what goes around, comes around. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment