Friday, January 7, 2011

Spanish Baby Blanket


Well, sort of. I knitted this for my friends Morgan and Dom who had a baby girl in October. The pattern calls for you to knit width-wise, and I completely overestimated the width. I wanted to get the blanket to them sooner than later and didn't want to knit the thing forever, so the blanket is more rectangular than I would have liked. I used this fan and feather pattern I found on ravelry. And I used yarn I bought while traveling in Madrid a few years ago. The yarn is Valeria di Roma Topacio, and I used some old Caron Simply Soft for the cream parts. Despite shaping issues, I'm pretty proud of this one.

1 comment:

  1. i made this too! it's under a different feather and fan project.

    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/craftylefty/feather-and-fan-rainbow-baby-blanket

    i must've done my k2tog/ssks wrong because i never ended up with the bigger holes.

    ReplyDelete