Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blooms

Surprisingly, flowers were something I simply did not care about for the wedding. I know flowers are supposed to be a huge part of the wedding aesthetic, but I just never got into combing through magazines obsessing over ridiculously expensive flower arrangements. Luckily, I have a great mom and we worked with some wonderful florists. We worked with a local Durham florist for the bouquets and boutonnieres and large arrangements for the church and reception. We used Whole Foods for the table arrangements. My single request was as follows: red. That's all I wanted. Monochromatic beautiful bright red. I ended up with classic red roses tightly packed.

The bridesmaids carried daisies that matched the guys' boutonnieres. Check out B's sweet tie. It's by Tom Ford.




We placed gladiolas in the church (which give you a big bang for your buck, I learned), and used a combination for the large table centerpiece.

After pictures, the bridesmaids placed their arrangements around the cake.


Considering I barely cared about flowers, I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out.

1 comment: