Sunday, May 30, 2010

Oreo Pie


I owed my freshman 15 largely to the Oreo Pie at the B&G. I used to go as far as taking tupperware to the cafeteria to smuggle the dessert out. I had a bbq last week and needed to make a dessert without turning on the oven and making my house a sweatbox. But stupid me, I forgot to take a picture of the end result. Trust me though, it was delicious and pretty. Here's the recipe. Maybe I'll recreate it and actually remember to capture the end result.

You'll need:
A whole package of Oreos
A half a stick of butter, softened
Chocolate Jell-o pudding
A container of Cool Whip
  • Preheat the oven to 350.
  • Smash two rows of oreos in a ziplock bag. Really pulverize them.
  • Combine with the softened butter. Mix well.
  • Pat the oreo mixture down into a pie pan. It helps to start in the middle and let the cookies creep up on the sides.
  • Put the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
  • Prepare Jello- pudding as needed.
  • Crumble the third row of cookies loosely and set a handful aside. In a medium sized bowl, combine the cookies (except for the handful) with the cool whip.
  • Pour the pudding into the crust.
  • Carefully spread the cool whip over the pudding and crust. Make it pretty!
  • Garnish the top with the remaining handful of cookies. Place in the freezer for at least two hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment