Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shame Shame Shame

I've been way off my baking game these days. I need to not be a lard-o for the wedding, so I haven't wanted to tempt myself with baked goods. I made these cupcakes a couple weeks back before my mom came into town (read: had to, in order to reduce the amount of cake mix in my cupboard so she wouldn't discover what a staple it is in our household). But I feel like they're the only thing I've made in past few months - crazy! I think I want to bake a pie or tart or something in the next week or so. Something quick, and with fruit. You know...something that will give the illusion of not being unhealthy (I thought about this sentence for a while. I'd say "illusion of healthy" but let's face it, an apple pie or lemon tart isn't fooling anyone). So...any ideas? Any recipes out there?

1 comment:

  1. Just fixed this -- a hit, but you have to like rhubarb!
    Rhubarb Rumble
    3 cups chopped rhubarb
    1 pkg 3 oz strawberry jello (small box)
    1-1/2 cups cold milk
    1 pkg 3 oz instant vanilla pudding mix (small)
    1 graham cracker crust from box or premade

    Place rhubarb in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is softened stirring every two minutes(I used chopped rhubarb I had frozen last year and just heated 6 min.) Stir in jello until dissolved; cool completely (don't set). In a mixing bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 min. Fold into rhubarb mixture. Spoon into crust. Cover with thinly sliced strawberries. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
    I used the recipe for graham cracker pie crust and put it in an 8" square pan -- easier for small pieces. The actually recipe calls for everything sugar-free or reduced fat - might be OK.
    No photo... none left.

    ReplyDelete