Saturday, February 13, 2010

Brownies: a Trial Run



It's catch up Saturday and I'm trying to get on top of many things in my life - including this blog. Two weeks ago, my cohort enjoyed a gnocchi party at my supervisor's house. I needed to bring something, but wanted to try a recipe out before I shared it with others. I used Deanna House's recipe for Paul's Blue Ribbon Brownies. The brownies were pretty delicious, only the batter didn't quite fill my no-edge pan. So, the brownies were on the thin side and I thought they were also a little dry. I brought some chocolate chip cookies to the party instead. I will double this brownie recipe the next time I make it. Or make them more moist, somehow. Don't get me wrong - they were still good. But could be better. I'm sharing the recipe below:

You'll need:

1/3 cup of vegetable shortening

2 squares of unsweetedned chocolate
1 cup of sugar

2 eggs
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Melt shortening and chocolate in saucepan, then stir in sugar. Beat in eggs.
  • Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift into chocolate mixture and blend well.
  • Pour into pan (8x8 should do the trick) and make for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment