Monday, April 20, 2009

A Very Brooklyn Weekend

A great pal from college came up to visit me this weekend and I had the most fun I've had in the city for a long while. Having a visitor is great because you think of all your fun favorite things to do and get to share them with a pal. And now I will share my fun finds with you!

Saturday morning we walked to the Brooklyn Flea, which made it's triumphant return to Bish
op McLaughlin high school in Fort Greene. I was very happy with the Racked curated corner, where I scored a great sunglasses case from beloved Brooklyn designer duo Hayden-Harnett. The designers were manning the table, which was cool, and I even bought an extra case as a gift for a friend.











After a night in multiple bars and boroughs, Sunday began a little late with a visit to Home Ec, which resides somewhere between Park Slope and Carroll Gardens, in the Gowanus part of town. I love Home Ec, where the Flirt Brooklyn overstock sale is ongoing. I was turned onto it by Rachel and last week, scored some Jeffrey Campbell boots and flats. On the way home, I stopped by the Carroll Gardens Green Market and picked up some fresh turkey burgers from Di Paolo Turkey Farm. I would have gotten some vegetables, but most vendors were packing up. Maybe next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment