Friday, February 11, 2011

Daily Candy, Indeed


You know I love me some Jonathan Safran Foer. I think I've mentioned before that Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is my favorite book. I have yet to get to Eating Animals, but I've already got his latest, Tree of Codes, ordered. The story is cut out of another story. See the pic and check out this (somewhat hollow) interview from Daily Candy. Aside from being an innovative and thoughtful writer, Foer is also nerdily adorable. Note that my favorite book is being turned into a movie starring Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock (meh). I love Foer's 'tude that a movie can only ruin a movie and not the book. Amen, brother. Check out the second half here.
Speaking of awesome books turned into movies, Zeitoun (almost finished with it, I swear) has been made into a movie - an animated one, at that! By the same people who did Persepolis, apparently. I know this because I met Kathy Zeitoun at a couple book signings at Tulane. Besides being one of the sweetest ladies in the world, she is also very chatty and open. We got to talking about Zeitoun the movie and she told me she'd email me a couple of illustrations from the movie. And she did! I'm not sure how important it is for me to not share these on the internet so I'm not going to post them. But if you really want to see them, email me and we'll talk.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Jonathan Safran Foer had a new book out. Thanks for the heads up! That's awesome that Kathy Zeitoun is so nice in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice information. Thank you very much for sharing. I like your blog design. Nice. See you later. Byee. yemek tarifleri | yemek tarifi |emlak | konut |çelik kapı | çelik kapı | tercüme | çeviri | airport transfer | istanbul transfer | seo

    ReplyDelete