Saturday, May 30, 2009

Baby Boy Blanket 2.0

A co-worker and friend of mine is pregnant and I promised to make her a blanket. I am using this pattern from the Thrifty Knitter.
It is super cute with a hood built in for Baby's head and a nice contrast border. As per usual it is s l o w coming. I want to add an image, like a lamb or something, in the corner. If you haven't yet, check out the Knit Pro website. You can upload a photo and it puts it into a graph paper pdf file. No more coloring in graph paper! I haven't intarsia'd anything in a while (Intarsia? I hardly know ya. Yes, I had to say it). Lambs are cute and very gender-neutral (in my opinion). She knows it's a boy but I don't want to put something overtly masculine like a basketball or bat or some shit. I don't know, any better ideas? I was also thinking initals or something. But I wouldn't put it past my friend to change her mind about the name so...no. It's not like I'll be anywhere near the end of this thing soon anyway so I have time to decide.

1 comment:

  1. you could do a ducky maybe. light yellow would be cute with that.

    ReplyDelete